Thursday, August 22, 2013

We're Back!


And we have Internet!

These past few weeks have been a little crazy for us! After finishing up our language course, spending some time with our host family and celebrating our 2nd anniversary, we left Canada on August 8th. We traveled for two days and stopped at Lake Michigan on our way home. Our traveling went by quickly and we managed to have a quite a bit of fun on the 25 hour drive!


Once we got home we spent a week bouncing around and visiting our parents, grandparents and friends. I give a big thanks to Ryan’s parents and the Drahotas for letting us crash at their houses for so long! It was really great to be welcomed back by so many people and to be able to share stories with one another about our summers apart.

We also have been blown away by the generosity of our church family! It is really wonderful to finally meet some of the people who have been praying for us and supporting us financially while we were gone. There are so many big-hearted people willing and ready to help send us to do God’s work. It is SUCH an incredible blessing.

This last Saturday we were able to move into a place that we’ll be able to call home for the next few months. It is greater than I ever imagined, and I just have so much to be thankful for right now. I am thankful for Ryan to be working at NorthRidge (which he loves), for our house, for the ability to finish my last semester of college, and I am so grateful for the people that God has placed in our lives. Over the past three years we have built many meaningful relationships here in Sabetha, and I couldn’t imagine life without them now. And there are also so many people that we haven’t even met yet who have already been such blessings in our lives! We are truly thankful for everything that God has given us.

I know that these next few months will fly by, which both saddens and excites me. Between Ryan’s work, both of our schooling, keeping up with French and attempting to learn Creole, I think we will have our work cut out for us! These next few months will also be crucial in that we still need to raise a lot of financial support before we are able to leave in January.  We hope to find many more people who are as passionate about missions as we are and who feel led to join in the mission that God has lain in our hearts!

Please pray with us that we will continue to grow spiritually in these next few months and that we will meet our financial support goal before January comes!

Below are just a few pictures from Canada that I feel are too beautiful not to share!


Lastly, I invite you to let me know how I can pray for you

No comments:

Post a Comment